|These are most of my teacher's manual....YIKES!|
|"Mommy, I want to do MY school!"|
So begins the year. This year I will have a third grader (gasp! seriously it was like I was changing her diapers yesterday!), a first grader, and a kindergartner...oh, and a three-year-old to keep occupied. Dream job, huh? This is a lot of pressure on me as far as lessons go. The young years require so much one-on-one instruction. I feel as though I am going to have to be a drill instructor every day just to stay alive. We set in place a few rules:
1. You must remain at the table until all of your work is complete.
2. You must sit quietly, if you don't have anything to do.
3. Everyone must have a good attitude.
4. I will not yell...I will not yell...I will not yell.
5. And (most importantly) we will start each day with prayer and scripture...Hallelujah! This will probably be most beneficial to keeping me from yelling.
I know what you are thinking, yeah right! That is my sentiment. I know these rules are unattainable, but if the bar isn't high, we will never hit middle. So for what it's worth...here we go. I am hoping to post some reviews on the curriculum I am using. Some of it is new, some is me repeating with the younger kids what I've already done, and some is moving on in the same series with my older. Wish me luck!!!...or seriously pray that I don't yell...the world is a happy place when we all speak in calm, gentle tones.
Love and Butter,